Friday, January 29, 2010

Mini Meatloaf

I started making these mini meatloaves a few years ago. They're easy to make and yummy. The sizes are perfect for portion control, and there are no burnt, dried corners. Give them a try!


Here's the meat. I use part pork and beef. 


Here's our ingredients. Minus the bread crumbs. I usually use a mix of panko and regular, but my regular were expired!


Before I mixed everything. I mix by hand, and you should too!




Shape the meat into four loaves. 



Sorry for the blurry pic. This is what happens when you try to take a picture with one hand. Anyways, this is the glaze. I use a mix of ketchup, worcestershire sauce, mustard and brown sugar.




Once they're glazed, put them in the oven. They'll be ready in about 35-45 mins, so you have plenty of time to whip up some mashed potatoes to eat on the side.


Give my recipe a try. I used to think I didn't like meatloaf, but I didn't realize how versatile it is. If you don't like certain ingredients, don't add them. If you like others, add those instead. This could work with a ton of different variations, but this is how I like to make it. 



2/3 Cup Ketchup
2 TBL Brown Sugar
1/2 TSP Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 TSP Mustard

1/2 LB Ground Beef
1/2 LB Ground Pork
3 Slices of White Bread, Soaked in Milk and Drained
Panko Bread crumbs
1 Egg
1 Small Onion, chopped Finely
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a pan with tin foil and lightly grease.

Mix the brown sugar, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and mustard in a small bowl until well combined. 

Mix the beef, pork, bread, panko bread crumbs, egg, onion, and salt and pepper until combined. Add in some of the glaze. Separate the meat into 4 equal portions. Mold them into small loaves and place them on the pan. Coat with the remaining glaze. 

Bake in the oven for 45 mins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment