Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mini Apple Pies

So I've been seeing all over these mini pies/pie pops. I decided to make some myself. Mine ended up being a bit too big for them to fit on sticks, but holding them in your hand was just as well. No recipe included because I just winged the filling and used store bought pie crust.







Here are the pastry circles.



All aboard!



Topped and ready.





Pinched.



Brushed with egg whites.



And sprinkled with sugar.





A slice of Americana, all in your hand.

2 comments:

  1. Can you take a stab at what you included in the filling? And can you include what temp you baked them at & for how long? I know it's crazy, but I read food blogs in order to learn how to make stuff, not just to see how pretty YOUR food looks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been awhile since i've made these, but i'll take a stab at it.

    I think that i baked them at 375 for about 13 mins, or until browned.

    as for the filling, i kind of make all mine by taste. I always include some white sugar (perhaps a TBL or so), a dusting of flour, a splash of orange juice, about 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp nutmeg.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete