Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Streusel Topping

So I'll just put it out there. I love anything that has a streusel topping. Something about that crunchy, sweet deliciousness just does it for me. I decided it made more sense to make a lot of it, and put it in the freezer for use when needed. You should also. Everyone should have some on hand for emergencies :P


I make it in the food processor. It's just easier. Take the butter and cut it into cubes. Then put it in the processor bowl.


Throw in the sugars. I use a mix of brown and regular granulated.



Pulse it together until it's just grainy looking, and there aren't large chunks of butter.




Add in the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Now, I have to admit I don't measure my cinnamon and nutmeg. In fact, you could completely not add those at all if you don't like them. But I think streusel should be cinnamonny/nutmegy ( I don't think that's even a word).


Tada! You have streusel!


I stored mine in a simple plastic container. Store it in the freezer. You can use it right out of 
there and it should be fine. Wait, it'll be more than fine. It'll be great!

Streusel Topping

1 & 1/4 C White Sugar
1 & 1/4 C Brown Sugar
1 & 1/4 C Butter, chilled and cut into cubes.
1 & 3/4 C Flour, Plus 2 TBL
Cinammon and nutmeg, to taste.

Place the butter, brown and white sugar into the food processor. Pulse it together until crumbs form. Add the flour and spices. Mix until incorporated. Store in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment